Jennifer W. Yuen is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois. Ms. Yuen focuses her practice on complex medical malpractice, product liability, environmental and toxic tort, construction, professional liability, and general liability defense litigation involving catastrophic injuries, death, and significant damages exposure. She counsels clients through all phases of litigation, from inception through trial or settlement.
An experienced litigator in federal and state courts, Ms. Yuen has represented a broad spectrum of private and public sector domestic and foreign clients, including :
- Physicians, psychiatrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, dentists, and pharmacists
- Hospitals, outpatient medical facilities, health care systems, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and long-term care providers
- Facilities management companies
- Construction firms and contractors
- Commercial and residential property owners
- Transportation authorities and municipalities
- Insurance Companies
Ms. Yuen has served as lead defense counsel on high-profile cases, arising from foodborne illness, environmental contamination, pathogenic bacteria disease outbreaks, nosocomial or hospital-acquired infections, fires, explosions, allegedly defective pharmaceutical and medical products, and construction accidents.
She has particular expertise in the handling of federal multi-district litigations, mass tort actions and matters involving large scale governmental investigations, and regulatory and compliance issues related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), New York State and New York City Departments of Health, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other authorities.
Ms. Yuen is committed to staying knowledgeable of advancements and evolving regulations impacting healthcare, product, and workplace liability and safety, and regularly presents educational and risk management programs. She values building strong relationships with her clients by providing them with effective, creative, and efficient legal representation, and close attention and advice.
- Pace University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Columbia College of Columbia University in The City of New York, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Economics
- State Bar Admissions, New York
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- The Association for Healthcare Risk Management of New York (AHRMNY)
- New York County Lawyers’ Association (Committees: Health Law, Construction Law, Tort Law Section)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$