Jenny M. Walters focuses her practice on domestic and international private investment funds and counsels fund managers on securities law and regulatory compliance. She represents clients on registration and exemptive filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other regulators, as well as advising on ongoing compliance matters.A former litigator, Jenny also advises clients on audits, regulatory and internal investigations, and securities arbitrations or class actions.
She assists clients in matters related to issues of redemption and liquidity, management and control, and fund dissolution.Jenny also represents businesses involved in the EB-5 immigrant investor program, regularly working with regional centers and private equity funds to develop new projects that qualify for EB-5 investments. She also counsels on domestic and foreign regulatory requirements, broker-dealer involvement and ongoing compliance programs.
Jenny has devoted time to significant pro bono engagements, handling a wide range of matters, including representing asylum seekers and indigent plaintiffs in civil rights cases. She also lobbied for and obtained passage of a bill enacting an American Indian Heritage Day in the state of Texas. In 2013, she was named Firmwide Pro Bono Counsel of the Year.
- Serves on the knowledge management team for the investment management practice.
- Focuses on securities trading and reporting advice and investment adviser compliance and registration.
- “EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program: SEC Compliance Requirements for Regional Centers,” Dallas, January 14, 2016.
- The Basics of EB-5 Lending, UT Law CLE Mortgage Lending Institute, Austin, September 18, 2016.
- “Pro Bono in Big Law,” SMU Dedman School of Law Public Interest Dinner Series, Dallas, fall 2018.
- Board of trustees, Akiba Academy.
- Member, Texas Wall Street Women.
- Board of directors, Ntarupt.
- Member, Attorneys Serving the Community.
- Member, State Bar of Texas.
- Jewish Federation, Attorney Division, “Outstanding Lawyer
Under 40,” 2010, 2012 and 2014.
- Texas Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2014 and 2016.
- Legal Diversity Week, “Top Women Lawyers of 2018.”
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, cum laude, 2007
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin, with honors, 2004
Rate : $$$$