Jeremiah Posedel assists clients in two distinct but overlapping domains: (i) information technology transactions and (ii) information privacy and security. First, Jeremiah advises on and negotiates a wide array of transactions involving the acquisition, development and leveraging of information technology assets, including hardware, software and database licensing, outsourcing and cloud-based services arrangements, and system implementation and support agreements.
Second, Jeremiah counsels clients on domestic and international privacy and security regulations and standards applicable to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data, including the FTC Act, HIPAA, COPPA, CAN-SPAM, TCPA, GLBA, PCI-DSS, DAA Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, and EU Data Protection Directive.
He works with organizations to develop and implement comprehensive privacy/security programs and compliance strategies focused on a variety of data processing activities, including digital and interest-based advertising, big data analytics, workplace monitoring, mobile device and app deployment, cross-border data transfers, clinical research and e-commerce initiatives.
Jeremiah is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (U.S./Europe/Canada) and a visiting lecturer of law (Information Privacy) at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, Germany. In 2004, Jeremiah served as a deputy campaign director to President Barack Obama’s successful U.S. Senate campaign.
- Serve as a Secretariat representative to the Medical Device Privacy Consortium’s working group on medical device product security.
- Served as in-house privacy counsel (on secondment) to global biotech, biopharma, and healthcare companies
- Counseled a healthcare information company in an asset purchase deal on the transfer of over 1 million HCP-user accounts established and maintained by the seller in over 40 jurisdictions worldwide in connection with the company’s purchase of seller’s medical information portal and HCP-user database.
- Drafted and submitted comments to the FDA on behalf of an international consortium of leading medical device companies in response to the FDA’s Draft Guidance on (i) Content of Premarket
- Constructed a mobile app privacy compliance guide for a healthcare company’s app development team.
- Advised a Fortune 500 manufacturer on the development and implementation of a comprehensive data loss prevention monitoring program in 26 jurisdictions worldwide.
- Analyzed and advised on proposed EU parliamentary committee amendments to the EU GDPR on behalf of an international consortium of leading research-based pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Developed information security policies and procedures for multiple clients based on ISO 27001, AT 101 (SOC2), and HIPAA standards.
- Managed and counseled on all compliance matters associated with data breach response on behalf of multiple clients, including planning response strategies, drafting individual and regulator notifications, obtaining credit monitoring services, and developing breach response policies and media statements.
- Negotiated a license and services agreement on behalf of the world’s leading supplier of manufacturing execution systems and IT solutions for the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries.
- Assisted a multinational chemicals company in connection with the acquisition and implementation of a global ERP system and related third-party software solutions.
- Negotiated the acquisition of a cloud-based application and related services that enable health systems to more efficiently manage and evaluate physician compensation plans on behalf of a U.S. health system.
- Counseled a leading online retailer in connection with its acquisition of website development services focused on website-content accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Advised one of the world’s largest snacks companies on its first-ever e-commerce venture, including the outsourcing of all payment card processing functions to an e-commerce provider and applicable PCI DSS obligations.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2006, cum laude
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg Germany, 2006
- Valparaiso University, B.A., 2000, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$$