Jeremy M. Alexander is an associate in the Life Sciences Health Industry Group in the Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on handling complex regulatory, transactional and enforcement matters for health care providers, including outpatient rehabilitation therapy providers, home health providers, hospitals and medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Jeremy has assisted clients with a broad range of regulatory matters, including health care regulatory due diligence in connection with various complex transactions, health care facility and provider licensing, fraud and abuse and general health care compliance.
Jeremy frequently drafts and negotiates various health care commercial agreements, including stock purchase and merger agreements, group purchasing agreements, and other agreements in sensitive regulatory schemes. His experience includes matters involving the anti-kickback statute and the federal Physician Payments Sunshine Act.
Jeremy represents buyers and sellers in major acquisitions in the life sciences and health care industry, focusing on due diligence, change of ownership issues, regulatory approvals and related regulatory issues.
Jeremy also assists medical device clients with reimbursement issues (coding, coverage, and payment) for new and established medical technologies. He also advises clients on a broad range of health information privacy and security matters, including compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (HITECH), and federal and state privacy and information security laws.
- Columbia Law School, 2011, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Pennsylvania State University, 2008, B.A., with Highest Distinction in Journalism, Phi Beta Kappa; Journalism Valedictorian
Professional Affiliations :
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Represent providers of outpatient rehabilitation therapy services in connection with various acquisitions of other therapy providers.
- Represent mid-market private equity fund and portfolio companies, including leading provider of pediatric therapy, behavioral health and home health services, in connection with various provider acquisitions.
- Represent providers of outpatient rehabilitation therapy services on Medicare and state licensure requirements.
- Represented a global health care IT medical-surgical supplies distributor in its acquisition of a cancer treatment facility network.
Rate : $$$$