Jeremy K. Beecher is a litigator in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation. Mr. Beecher litigates cases at all stages, from pre-trial through appeal. His experience includes writing dispositive briefs, taking fact and expert witness depositions, arguing motions and appeals, conducting direct and cross-examination of witnesses, working with expert witnesses, and mediating disputes.
- A major chemical company in litigation related to the Bayou Corne Sinkhole in Louisiana
- A national hospitality company in litigation regarding the disclosure of customer information
- A government contractor in parallel civil and criminal investigations under the False Claims Act
Mr. Beecher also maintains an active pro bono practice. He has represented several unaccompanied children in immigration court and before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. And he represented a young filmmaker in a breach of contract and fraud dispute with a film industry vendor, obtaining a complete recovery at mediation.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Beecher clerked for the Hon. Josephine L. Staton of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Beecher earned his J.D. from the UCLA School of Law, where he was elected Order of the Coif, named a Michael T. Masin Scholar, and served as associate editor of the UCLA Law Review. He received his B.A. in journalism with a minor in Russian from the University of Southern California, where he served as editor in chief of the Daily Trojan.
Before entering law school, Mr. Beecher worked for several years as an on-air news reporter at a Pennsylvania ABC affiliate.
In addition to his client work, Mr. Beecher is a committee member of the MTO Fellows Program, an innovative pipeline program that assist 25-40 diverse students each year with applying to law school and succeeding in the legal profession.
- UCLA School of Law (J.D., 2014) Order of the Coif; Michael T. Masin Scholar; associate editor,UCLA Law Review
- University of Southern California (B.A., 2008); editor in chief, Daily Trojan
- Judge Josephine L. Staton, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2014-2015
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$