As a trial lawyer with 20 years of experience, Jeremy P. Cole has tried cases and represented corporate clients in complex lawsuits and arbitrations across the country. He has represented clients from various industries in contract disputes, class actions, False Claims Act cases, state attorney general lawsuits, declaratory judgment actions, and product liability matters, among others.
Jeremy represents pharmaceutical clients in disputes over complex commercial agreements and conducts internal investigations for multinational clients. He is currently defending a client in an international ICC arbitration related to a drug development collaboration. He also represents clients in post-acquisition disputes, including disputes over earn-out provisions.
Jeremy obtained a complete defense verdict in federal court in the client’s first (and only to date) products liability trial for a particular prescription drug. He has defended a Fortune 150 client in several state Attorney General actions related to the Average Wholesale Price (AWP) of prescription drugs. Jeremy also defended a client charged with racketeering, mail fraud, wire fraud, and other federal offenses in a three-month jury trial.
Jeremy has written and spoken about arbitration clauses and successfully defeated a nationwide class action and class arbitration brought simultaneously against a client.
Jeremy has appeared before tribunals in Europe, obtained discovery through the Hague Evidence Convention, and counsels clients on international agreements spanning Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Jeremy is active in the Chicago community. He serves as Board President of Working in the Schools (WITS), a nonprofit that empowers young readers and builds communities in Chicago Public Schools.
- University of Notre Dame (J.D. with honors 1999);
- Kalamazoo College (B.A. with honors 1996)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Philip P. Simon,
- U.S. District Court,
- Northern District of Indiana
- Industry leader vindicated in class action and class arbitration
- Abbott wins defense verdict in first pharmaceutical products liability trial involving Lupron
- TAP wins summary judgment in pharmaceutical products liability suit in Alabama state court
- Colombian fleeing guerilla groups wins U.S. asylum
- Client awarded almost US $20 million against disgruntled former employee for kidnapping and extortion scheme
- Abbott and TAP Pharmaceutical defend against Average Wholesale Price (AWP) litigation.
Rate : $$$