Jeremy London concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities law and general corporate matters in a variety of industries, including health care, energy and telecommunications.
Mr. London has represented acquirers, targets and financial advisors in significant transactions, including public and private acquisitions and divestitures, negotiated and contested public acquisitions, and other corporate matters.
Mr. London also counsels sellers, private equity firms and management in leveraged buyout transactions and firm clients in joint ventures and other strategic alliances. Significant representations include:
- The Advisory Board Company in its $2.6 billion sale of its health care business to OptumInsight, Inc. and its education business to affiliates of Vista Equity Partners LLC in response to Elliott Management’s pending activist campaign;
- SunEdison, Inc. in numerous transactions in connection with SunEdison’s Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, including its $2.5 billion sale of TerraForm Global, Inc. and a 51 percent stake in TerraForm Power, Inc. to Brookfield Asset Management Inc.;
- Performance Food Group Company, a portfolio company of The Blackstone Group L.P., in its proposed, but terminated, acquisition of 11 distribution centers from US Foods Inc. and Sysco Corporation;
- Amerigroup Corporation in its $4.9 billion merger with WellPoint, Inc.;
- HealthSpring Inc. in its $3.8 billion acquisition by CIGNA Corporation;
- the special committee of the board of directors of CNX Gas Corporation, a producer of natural gas, in the $964 million acquisition by CONSOL Energy Inc. of the remaining stake in CNX Gas which CONSOL did not own;
- Representaciones e Investigaciones Médicas S.A. de C.V. (Rimsa) in its $2.3 billion acquisition by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited;
- Électricité de France S.A. in its $4.5 billion acquisition of a 49.9 percent stake in the nuclear business of Constellation Energy Group, Inc.;
- Spectra Energy in a number of public debt and equity offerings; an investment group led by Zygmunt Wilf in the acquisition of the Minnesota Vikings NFL franchise and related acquisition financing.
Additionally, Mr. London has advised several Skadden investment banking clients in transactional and financial advisory work.
- J.D., The George Washington University School of Law, 1997 (with highest honors; Order of the Coif)
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1993
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$