Jeremy M. Halpern’s practice in the Broker-Dealer Litigation and Arbitration practice group includes the representation of corporate clients and individual financial advisors in state and federal litigation and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration, with a principal focus on issues regarding the enforcement of promissory note and loan agreements.
He regularly provides counsel to corporate clients to ensure that their contracts governing employment and compensation are state of the industry. Jeremy also represents individual clients in arbitration regarding post-employment claims, which include the recovery of deferred compensation and matters of wrongful termination.
Additionally, Jeremy advises clients regarding the compliance of their advertising and marketing materials with Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act. Prior to joining Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, Jeremy served as a legal intern to the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich, Judge, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2010
- B.A., cum laude, University of Florida, 2007
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 2010
- Texas, 2018
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 2012
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida, 2014
- Shumaker Wins Defamation Case for Financial Advisor Against Merrill Lynch
- 05.02.2018 AdvisorHub – Merrill to Pay $750,000 for Defaming Broker by Insinuating Insider Trading
- 05.02.2018 Financial Advisor IQ – Merrill Lynch to Fork Over Big Payout to Fired FA
- Shumaker Victory Recognized as One of Largest FINRA Awards Brokers Won from Their Firms
- 04.12.2018 InvestmentNews – Biggest Arb Awards Brokers Won from Their Firms
- Shumaker Attorneys Defeat Merrill Lynch’s Attempt to Keep Litigants Out of FINRA Arbitration
- 04.03.2018 AdvisorHub – Merrill Retreats from Battle to Fight Former Executives in Court
- 02.08.2018 AdvisorHub – Former Merrill Exec Wins Skirmish Over Losses in His Stock Plan
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association; Young Lawyers Division
Rate : $$$$