Jeremy W. Hawpe advises and represents employers in the health care, insurance, staffing, and transportation industries in a broad range of employment law matters. He appears in state and federal courts throughout Texas and has specific expertise with matters involving: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, The Fair Labor Standards Act, The Family and Medical Leave Act.
He also assists clients with unfair competition issues, discrimination and harassment claims, and FLSA compliance. Jeremy’s trial experience includes:
- The successful prosecution of a breach of non-solicitation agreement involving former agents, including the misappropriation of trade secrets and tortious interference claims, which resulted in a jury award of compensatory and punitive damages
- The prosecution of an unfair competition/non-compete matter, in which the jury found in favor of plaintiff on all counts
- A national origin harassment case in which he obtained a complete defense verdict from the jury
- Three multi-plaintiff FLSA misclassification cases which resulted in complete defense verdicts from the juries.
He’s had similar success on appeal, including a complex ADA-Title VII-Employee Retirement Income Security Act-Age Discrimination in Employment Act claim in which the court of appeals affirmed summary judgment, along with another case in which the district court’s grant of summary judgment in favor of defendant was upheld.
Jeremy is board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Prior to joining Littler Mendelson in 2005, Jeremy was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable George P. Kazen, United States District Court, Southern District of Texas.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Texas A&M University, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texa
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas
Rate : $$$