Jeremy C. Sykes is a member of Venable’s Commercial Litigation Group, and focuses his practice on commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts. Jeremy has assisted clients with litigation involving contract disputes, class action defense, and other commercial matters.
Jeremy is a graduate of Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. While in law school, he was a summer associate with Venable LLP, where he focused on foreign privacy law, labor law, employment discrimination, copyright law, and contract law. He assisted in a pre-trial preparation for a copyright infringement/breach of contract matter, and a matter involving the formation of a 501(c)(3) corporation.
Jeremy also served as a mediator with the school’s Divorce Mediation Clinic and as a staff editor for the Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal. He also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Raymond J. Dearie with the United States District Court.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of multi-million-dollar CMBS litigation for lack of subject matter jurisdiction
- Advised a multinational investment bank in a mediation concerning the indemnification of its legal fees
- Drafted discovery motions for a commercial tenant in its suit against a landlord concerning tax escalation payments.
- J.D. cum laude Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law 2017
- B.A. Historysumma cum laude Yeshiva University 2014
Bar Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$