Jeremy Grabill practices in the areas of commercial litigation, admiralty and maritime litigation and tort litigation, with a particular focus on complex matters and appellate representations. Mr. Grabill regularly appears in state and federal courts, and litigates contract disputes, business torts, products liability cases, toxic torts, vessel seizures/arrests and other maritime casualty matters.
Before joining Phelps Dunbar, Mr. Grabill was an associate at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP in New York, where he represented defendants in several prominent mass tort litigations, including the In re World Trade Center Disaster Sitelitigation in the Southern District of New York and the In re Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” in the Gulf of Mexico multidistrict litigation in the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Mr. Grabill also served as a law clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Eldon E. Fallon of the Eastern District of Louisiana, during which time Judge Fallon presided over the In re Vioxx Products Liability multidistrict litigation.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2006; Symposium/Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
- Cornell University, B.A. in Government and Science & Technology Studies, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
CLERKSHIP : Judicial Law Clerk to the Hon. Eldon E. Fallon, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Obtained multi-million dollar federal court judgment for client after breach of agreement in connection with the sale of a company.
- Represented various chemical and energy companies in toxic tort personal injury litigation involving claims of harmful environmental and/or workplace exposure.
- Obtained injunctive and declaratory relief in favor of client, a public entity, regrading property tax assessments and attempted tax sale of entity’s properties.
- Obtained appellate victory in federal court for pro bono client in a case of first impression under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
Rate : $$$$