Jerome J. Roche is a Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement partner in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office. He has extensive experience counseling clients regarding US regulation of securities, commodities, and derivatives transactions. According to Chambers USA, Jerome “provides a highly specialized and keen level of advice” and is “very good at recognizing ways of solving things more elegantly.”
Clients consider him to be “a very strong counselor who brings a highly pragmatic approach to complex issues.” His “ability to cut right to the heart of an issue is particularly well regarded by commentators, as is his cross-border expertise.”
Jerome has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Banking and Finance Law since 2013. He also has a Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating of AV-Preeminent.
- Purdue University, BS
- The University of Michigan Law School, JD
Admissions : District of Columbia
Activities : National Hispanic Bar Association
- Addressing regulatory status questions for US and non-US financial institutions effecting transactions in, and providing advice with respect to, securities, commodities, foreign currency and derivatives;
- Drafting and implementing supervisory and compliance policies and procedures for regulated financial institutions;
- Counseling customers and other counterparties of US broker-dealers regarding customer protection rules, broker-dealer insolvencies, and the Securities Investor Protection Act;
- Seeking required approvals for mergers, acquisitions and restructurings of regulated financial institutions; and
- Guiding financial institutions and trade associations in complying with, and commenting on, rule-making efforts of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the National Futures Association, and other self-regulatory organizations.
Rate : $$$$