Jerome Levy practices in the area of health law. Mr. Levy has conducted a wide range of administrative negotiations and civil litigation on behalf of health care providers with State and Federal regulatory authorities.
He negotiates and prepares agreements and other documents related to mergers and acquisitions and other transfers of ownership and also handles licensure applications for new operators, professional discipline matters and new construction for all types of health care facilities, including regulatory approvals and financing.
Mr. Levy represents hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic and treatment centers, adult living providers, private practice physicians, physician and dental practice management companies, and other health care providers in all phases of their operations.
Mr. Levy served in the New York Regional Attorney’s office of the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare and was responsible for counseling the Public Health Service, the Social Rehabilitation Service, the Social Security Administration (including Medicare), the Office of Long Term Care and other agencies.
He is a former chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Health Law Committee and a former chair of its Health Law Section.
- Obtained on behalf of a major New York medical arts clinical laboratory the ability to reopen and an “in compliance” status from the New York State Department of Health.
- Represent 30 skilled nursing homes in the State of New York in an action brought against the governor of New York and the commissioner of the State Department of Health in an action alleging that the State’s 2011 Medicaid reimbursement program violates their due process rights under the U.S. and New York constitutions and the federal Social Security Act. Bridge View Nursing Home v. Cuomo (N.Y. Sup. Ct. Manhattan).
- Defending an independent pharmacy against an audit recovery claim by the New York Office of the Medicaid Inspector General.
- Handled purchase of eight skilled nursing facilities (Eden Park Facilities) on behalf of National Health Care Associates.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- New York State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$