Jerry B. Black has structured, negotiated and prepared legal documentation and has provided transactional advice in connection with more than 500 U.S. and foreign mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and leveraged buy-outs of publicly and privately held companies and their subsidiaries in diverse businesses and industries.
He has extensive experience relating to the insurance industry, having guided clients through acquisitions, divestitures and mergers of insurance companies, managing general agents, third party administrators, claims adjusting companies and brokerage firms.
His banking and financing experience includes secured and unsecured loans, revolving credit agreements, term loan agreements, bridge loans, senior and subordinated credit facilities, acquisition financings, asset based loans, leveraged buyouts, letters of credit, lease financings, joint ventures and project financings representing both lenders and borrowers.
His corporate and commercial experience includes the negotiation and preparation of many forms of contracts and commercial agreements, including licensing and distribution agreements, contract disputes, arbitration, corporate structuring, corporate organizational matters, shareholder issues and directors and officers responsibility and liability issues.
He has structured, negotiated and prepared legal documentation for the purchase and sale of foreign subsidiaries and assets and has advised numerous foreign clients in organizing and expanding their business operations into the United States.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1965
- A.B., Harvard College, 1962, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : New York
- American Bar Association, Loan Documentation Subcommittee of the Commercial Financial Services Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Committee on Partnerships and Unincorporated Business Organizations, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Association of the Bar of The City of New York, Committee on Inter-American Affairs, Member
- Jamaica Business Improvement District, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$