Named One of the Top 50 Most Influential Women Lawyers by the National Law Journal and one of 30 Extraordinary Women in Texas Law by Texas Lawyer, Jerry K. Clements is Chair Emeritus of Locke Lord LLP after serving as Chair of the Firm from 2006-2017. She has been recognized as a Baylor Lawyer of the Year and been named one of the “Top Ten Litigators” in Dallas.
During her more than 35 years of litigation experience, Jerry has worked collaboratively with high-level executives representing their Fortune 500 companies across a wide range of industries and built an impressive record of resolutions in complex disputes in the area of commercial litigation.
Under Jerry’s leadership, Locke Lord rose in the American Lawyer rankings from No. 110 to No. 60 and its annual revenue increased from $222 million to $449 million. She strengthened the Firm’s deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, and received numerous recognitions for its efforts.
During her tenure as Chair, Locke Lord tripled the number of women and diverse lawyers in Firm management and nearly doubled the number of women and diverse lawyers in practice group leadership.
She also has extensive experience in corporate governance, having structured two significant law firm mergers during her tenure as Chair and has served as a Regent on the Baylor University Board of Regents since 2011.
At Baylor, she currently serves as a Vice Chair of the Board of Regents where she is in charge of compliance and regulatory oversight. She also has served on committees dealing with audit and compliance, development, and governance, compensation and nominating.
Representative Experience :
- Representation of an oil and gas exploration company in a commercial dispute involving the breach of a joint venture agreement for the development of oil and gas prospects in Texas.
- Representation of a large dental and medical supply company in connection with the defense of a purported nationwide class action involving the sale of dental office management software.
- Representation of a large international oil and gas exploration and development company in connection with various class actions in Texas and Oklahoma involving claims for alleged underpayment of gas royalties.
- Representation of a large insurance company in connection with defending environmental coverage claims relating to over 25 lead contamination sites throughout the United States.
Community Leadership :
- Recipient, Southwest Jewish Congress Flame of Honor Award
- Member, Women’s Giving Network of the United Way Capital Area
- Member, Alexis De Tocqueville Society of Austin
- J.D., cum laude, Baylor University School of Law, 1981
- B.S., magna cum laude, Texas Christian University, 1975
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$