Jerry A. Montag is senior counsel in the New York office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Mr. Montag has been a litigator for more than 27 years, focusing on real estate and commercial litigation. He is an experienced first-chair trial lawyer, with a broad range of litigation experience in the state, federal and bankruptcy courts, as well as alternate dispute resolution forums, including commercial and tax lien foreclosure actions, mechanic’s lien foreclosure actions, insurance coverage disputes, construction-related litigation, cooperative and condominium disputes, landlord-tenant disputes, real estate brokerage disputes, contract actions, and business tort claims.
Mr. Montag also represents clients in a wide range of administrative proceedings, including proceedings before the New York State Division of Human Rights, the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal, the New York City Commission of Human Rights, and the New York City Environmental Control Board.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law (1987)
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law (1984)
- B.A., Queens College of the City University of New York (1981)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York State Courts
- New Jersey State Courts
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$