Mr. Jeryl A. Bowers is Practice Group Leader of Sheppard Mullin’s 120+ attorney Corporate Practice Group and also leads the firm’s National Automotive Team. Mr. Bowers concentrates his practice in mergers and acquisitions and general commercial transactions. During the course of his career, Mr. Bowers has closed transactions with an aggregate value in excess of $20 billion.
During the course of his legal career, Mr. Bowers served as Vice President, Secretary & General Counsel at Medialive International Holdings, Inc. (Los Angeles), where he managed mergers and acquisitions, securities filings, employment, litigation and international transactions for the media conglomerate.
In addition, Mr. Bowers served as General Counsel at PetSmart.com, Inc. in Pasadena, where he negotiated agreements for venture capital financings, joint venture agreements, employment agreements, technology agreements and distribution agreements.
He also managed all intellectual property, tax, litigation and other legal issues. Mr. Bowers also has substantial experience with international transactions, negotiating deals in the United Kingdom, Canada, China, Europe and many other international locations.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 1993, Managing Editor of Law Review (1992-1993)
- B.A., Howard University, 1990
- M&A Representations Include:
- DaVita, Inc. in the $4.4 billion acquisition of HealthCare Partners, a leading national coordinated care provider. This acquisition resulted in Sheppard Mullin being awarded the Deal of the Year in the healthcare industry by the M&A Atlas Awards in 2013.
- Ticketmaster Entertainment, Inc. (an entertainment company) in the sale of its IATS division to First American Payment Systems
- Golden State Foods, Inc. (a foodservice company) in the divestiture of American BDF, LLC
- PetSmart.com, Inc. (an on-line retailer) in the acquisition of the assets of Pets.com, Inc.
- IP Licensing Agreement Representations Include:
- Ticketmaster Entertainment, Inc. in connection with a licensing agreement with Apple, Inc.
- Aristocrat Technologies, Inc. in connection with various IP licensing agreements
- Berman Center, Inc. (a provider of clinical research support) in connection with IP licensing agreements
- Toyota Motor Sales in connection with various IP licensing agreements
Rate : $$$