Jess Drabkin’s practice focuses primarily on transactional matters in the entertainment and media space, specializing in corporate finance and executive compensation matters. His extensive experience includes representing major media and entertainment companies in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing, distribution, venture capital and private equity transactions. Jess also represents superstar artists, producers, performers and fashion designers in licensing and endorsement deals.
Jess has a very broad practice base, beginning his career as a corporate finance lawyer specializing in fund formation and equity and mezzanine debt financing for portfolio companies. He has represented investors in numerous private and public exits from these companies.
Jess applies this knowledge and experience to his work in the entertainment and media space, where he has worked for the past 21 years. He has been a trusted advisor in many cutting-edge deals in this area, including the very first “360 deals” for superstar artists with international live event companies, the restructuring of one of the world’s largest live performance companies, and entertainment joint ventures.
Jess’s executive compensation practice focuses on representing leading executives of public and private companies with respect to their employment and equity arrangements, with a particular emphasis on the entertainment and media industries.
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- Columbia College, A.B.
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : New York
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Representation of record companies, music publishing companies, production music companies and management companies in connection with their sale to major media and entertainment companies
- Representation of chief executive officers and other leading executives of cable television, media, publishing, fashion, real estate, music and video game companies in connection with their employment arrangements, with a particular emphasis on complex equity and incentive compensation arrangements
- Representation of superstar artists and celebrities in joint venture, licensing, branding and endorsement transactions, including 360 deals for superstar artists with Live Nation
- Representation of film, television and publishing companies in connection with the license and distribution of their content
- Representation of senior executives and companies in connection with private equity financings and restructurings, including music, international fashion and international theatrical performance companies
Rate : $$$