Jesse J. Gelsomini’s principal areas of practice are Employee Benefits, ERISA and Executive Compensation. He has significant experience in designing, drafting, implementing, and administering tax qualified pension, 401(k), profit sharing, ESOP and stock bonus plans.
His experience also includes a wide variety of work in the areas of health care and other types of employee welfare benefit plans, as well as stock option, restricted stock, golden parachute and other incentive compensation and equity arrangements. Jesse’s clients range in size from small privately-owned businesses to Fortune 500 corporations.
His practice includes representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Department of Labor (DOL); providing legal advice on such issues as fiduciary responsibility requirements, tax effects, disclosure and other compliance matters; handling all aspects of benefit plans that arise in conjunction with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other business transactions; and providing advice on litigation matters that involve benefit plans.
In addition, he represents both employers and executives with employment contracts and incentive programs, and he provides counsel to clients regarding employment laws. Jesse also represents many companies which are non-subscribers to the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act.
Jesse is a contributor to Haynes and Boone’s Practical Benefits Lawyer blog, which discusses issues and developments in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1986, cum laude;Order of the Coif; Order of the Barons; Houston Law Review
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Texas, 1982-Present
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 1980, with honors;(Accounting Honors Program Graduate); Beta Gamma Sigma; Beta Alpha Psi.
ADMISSIONS : Texas
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- Southwest Benefits Association
- American Bar Association, Sections of Tax (Employee Benefits Committee), Labor & Employment Law, and Health Law
- Texas and Houston Bar Associations
- Houston ERISA Industry Group
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Association Attorneys-CPAs
Rate : $$$$