Jesse M. Harris focuses his practice on complex bankruptcy cases, financial restructuring, and all aspects of the medical and recreational cannabis space. Jesse represents secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, debtors, and creditors’ committees.
He also advises companies in need of financial restructuring outside of bankruptcy, provides guidance on lender workouts, and, when necessary, litigates unresolvable disputes.
Named a national expert on cannabis law by Databird Research Journal, Jesse understands the needs of businesses in the rapidly expanding and highly regulated market for legalized cannabis.
He is part of a multidisciplinary team at Fox that provides services and guidance to legal marijuana businesses on issues including, but not limited to :Licensing, Banking and financial services, Taxation, Liability.
Representative Matters :
- Counsel for the Chapter 7 Trustee of Worley & Obetz, Inc., et al. (Bankr. E.D.P.A.)
- Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 case of Garces Restaurant Group, Inc. (Bankr. D.N.J.)
- Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 case of Remington Outdoor Company (Bankr. D. Del.)
- Co-counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 case of Beaulieu Group, LLC (Bankr. N.D. Ga.)
- Represent U.S. and international growers, processors, and retailers of hemp and hemp-derived products
- Represented cannabis grower/dispenser in dispute over use of deed restricted property for cannabis business
- Represent cannabis growers and dispensaries in Right to Know Law litigation.
During law school, Jesse was an executive editor of the Rutgers University Law Review and finalist in the Hunter Moot Court Competition. Jesse also worked as a judicial intern to the Honorable Theodore A. McKee of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the Honorable Magdeline D. Coleman of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Upon graduation, Jesse received the prestigious American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence, which is awarded to the highest performing bankruptcy student in the graduating class.
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Rutgers University (B.A., 2013)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania, New Jersey
Rate : $$$$