Mr. Jesse A. Salen is an intellectual property attorney and focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation trademark prosecution, copyright prosecution, patent prosecution, and intellectual property licensing in the areas of healthcare information technology, software, medical devices, optics, nanotechnology, computer devices, and data storage.
Mr. Salen litigates patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret cases in federal district court as well as in front of the Patent and Trademark Office’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). Mr. Salen brings with him 16 years of business and technology experience in both the healthcare and data storage industries.
He was Chief Technology Officer at ONRAD, Inc., product manager at GE Healthcare, manager of the customer care program at Hitachi Data Systems, systems engineer at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and a research and development engineer in the field of optics and nanotechnology at Micrion Corporation. He has published multiple peer-reviewed articles in the fields of optics and nanotechnology, as well as multiple healthcare business journal articles.
Mr. Salen represents clients in the following areas of practice:
- Patent Litigation: Mr. Salen represents several clients in patent litigation and prosecution matters, including clients in the medical device industry, healthcare industry, wireless communications industry, jewelry industry, and electronics industry.
- Trademark and Copyright: Mr. Salen represents clients in prosecuting, licensing, and litigating their trademarks and copyrights, both domestically and internationally. Mr. Salen represents clients from the electronics industry, medical device industry, nutrition industry, biotech industry, foods and service industry, and apparel, fashion, and jewelry industry.
- Other Intellectual Property: Mr. Salen represents several clients in licensing and/or litigating “soft” intellectual property matters that include claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, unfair competition, interference with an economic advantage, among others. Mr. Salen represents clients from the medical device industry, healthcare industry, apparel industry, wireless communications industry, among others.
- J.D., University of San Diego, 2013, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Appellate Clinic Outstanding Legal Intern
- M.B.A., University of California, Irvine, 2006, Dean’s Scholar, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- B.A., Boston University, 1997, cum laude
- Southern District of California
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$