Jesse Young is an employment litigation attorney. As a member of Kreis Enderle’s Business and Employment Group, he represents individuals and businesses involved in serious employment disputes including but not limited to issues of severance negotiations, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblowing activity, employment contracts, terminations, and compliance.
In addition, Jesse also has extensive experience with – and is probably best known for – handling wage and hour disputes arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and similar state laws. In this regard, he has represented businesses and individuals nationwide dealing with the payment of minimum wages and/or overtime, classification of employees, “off the clock” work, meal breaks, donning and doffing of work equipment, recordkeeping, and other issues peculiar to a wide variety of industries.
Jesse has been appointed to leadership positions in dozens of complex class action litigation matters across the country. In these positions, he has helped secure multi-million dollar recoveries in class actions involving thousands of plaintiffs.
Jesse’s dynamic practice has taken him around the country to represent his clients. He has briefed and argued cases in Michigan state courts, the Michigan Court of Appeals, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and dozens of federal U.S. District Courts nationwide. He has also attended several arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D.
- Western Michigan University, B.A., Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Residential Builders License, State of Michigan No. 2101171400
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Association for Justice
Rate : $$$