Jessica D. Alexander focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions in a diverse array of industries. Jessica also has experience in areas involving corporate finance transactions, insurance corporate and regulatory matters, and general corporate counseling.
She advises clients in the areas of commercial contracts, stockholders agreements, and employment agreements. Her practice also includes counseling clients with corporate, partnership and LLC formation, and governance issues. Prior to joining the firm, she participated in the Cozen O’Connor Summer Associate Program.
Additionally, Jessica is a member of the firm’s lateral recruiting team, focusing on recruitment and integration of lateral partner groups, as well as recruitment and integration of individual partners.
In 2017, The Philadelphia Business Journal listed Jessica as one of its 25 young lawyers on the rise. Jessica earned her undergraduate degree from Butler University, where she was a member of the women’s basketball team.
She earned her law degree from Syracuse University College of Law, summa cum laude. While in law school, Jessica served as senior notes editor of the Syracuse Law Review and was a member of the Justinian Honorary Law Society. Upon graduation, Jessica was elected to the Order of the Coif.
- Represented American Collectors Insurance, an insurance managing general agent providing specialty insurance for collector cars and other collectibles, in its acquisition by NSM Insurance Group.
- Represented Trico Equipment, Inc., a New Jersey-based company engaged in the business of renting, servicing, and selling aerial lift and other construction and general rental equipment, in the multimillion dollar sale of all outstanding ownership interests of the company to BlueLine Rental, LLC.
- Represented owners of an apparel business with operations in U.S., Caribbean, and China in a sale to a Hong-Kong-based strategic buyer. The transaction involved a complex pricing structure, the split-off of Caribbean and Chinese manufacturing facilities that were not sold, and on-going contractual arrangements between those manufacturing facilities and the buyer.
- Represented the Full Tilt Poker companies in a civil forfeiture matter brought by the Department of Justice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and negotiated a successful asset transfer to PokerStars and a settlement with the Department of Justice.
- Represented Comcast Spectacor in its acquisition of Paciolan, Inc. from Live Nation Entertainment, Inc., the successor in the Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger.
- Represented a venture-backed specialized software business in the sale of its business to a private equity-backed strategic buyer.
- Represented Advanced Discovery in the disposition of its document management division to iNSERViO3, which is owned by the former founders of Advanced Discovery.
- Represented EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants in connection with its acquisition of the stock of Houston-based Ascende, Inc., one of the largest independent employee benefits consulting firms in the United States.
- Represented Sirius Global Solutions Holding Company and Florida Specialty Holdings, Inc. in the purchase, through a joint venture, of Mount Beacon Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries, including Florida-based Mount Beacon Insurance Company.
- Represented Advanced Discovery in its acquisition of all of the capital stock of Millnet Limited, the largest and longest established UK-based e-discovery and legal document services firm.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2009
- Butler University, B.A., 2006
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$