Jessica M. Bergin joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the litigation department. Her practice focuses on securities, antitrust, shareholder, and complex civil litigation. Jessica represents clients in examinations, investigations, and enforcement actions before the Securities and Exchange Commission.
She also represents clients in antitrust merger reviews and antitrust litigation before the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission. Her clients include private equity firms as well as financial services, communication, technology, health care, and public companies.
Jessica has experience in all stages of litigation, including writing motions and briefs, conducting document discovery, preparing for and taking depositions, and preparing for trial.
Jessica maintains an active pro bono practice. She represents tenants at risk of losing their homes in Boston Housing Court. She recently represented tenants in a contract dispute with their landlord in state court.
Before joining the firm, Jessica served as a law clerk for the Honorable Harvey Bartle III in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. During law school, she was an intern for the Honorable Beryl A. Howell in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
She also served as an executive editor of the Harvard International Law Journaland represented tenants facing eviction in Boston Housing Court. Prior to law school, Jessica worked as a practice assistant in the Washington, D.C. office of a global law firm. As an undergraduate, Jessica interned for Congressman John Adler in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2015; Executive Editor, Harvard International Law Journal
- BA (Government), Cornell University, 2011
- Massachusetts, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2018
CLERKSHIPS : Honorable Harvey Bartle III, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2015 – 2017)
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS : Boston Bar Association
- Successfully secured a letter closing an SEC examination on behalf of a private equity client.
- Represents private equity firms and a public company in SEC examinations, investigations, and enforcement actions.
- Represents clients in antitrust litigation before the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission.
Rate : $$$$