Jessica is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Los Angeles office. Before joining the Los Angeles office, she was an associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution group in Sydney, Australia. Prior to joining the Firm, Jessica served as associate (law clerk) to the Honorable Justice Katzmann in the Federal Court of Australia.
Jessica has experience acting in strategic commercial disputes before state, federal and appeal courts in relation to claims for breach of contract, negligence, equitable relief, contraventions of trade practices legislation, fraud, white collar crime, defamation, intellectual property, taxation, corporations law and cyber security.
She also provides pre-publication, copyright, intellectual property and regulatory advice to national and international media and technology companies.
Jessica’s focus is on disputes in the technology, media and communications industries. Jessica has acted for national and international media and technology companies in commercial disputes relating to technology and data protection, misuse of confidential information, copyright, defamation, injurious falsehood and misleading or deceptive conduct.
- Australian National University (LLB Hons, First class) (2012)
- Australian National University (BA) (2012)
- California~United States (2018)
- New South Wales~Australia (2014)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2014)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Acting for ASX listed company in defending claims brought by a shareholder (one of Australia’s largest wealth managers) in the Federal Court of Australia for oppression relating to a cross-shareholding.
- Providing pre-publication, copyright, intellectual property and regulatory advice.
- Acting for Australian broadcaster in obtaining urgent interlocutory injunction preventing disclosure of winner of reality television program.
- Acting for a global social media providers in relation to urgent interlocutory injunctions to prevent the publication of allegedly confidential information.
- Acting for a major telecommunications provider in relation to a dispute with a service provider over misuse of secure eftpos transaction network.
Rate : $$$