Jessica L. Crutcher is a partner in the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. Jessica’s practice involves litigation in state and federal courts, mediation, arbitration, and internal investigations.
Jessica’s trial and case experience arises out of a variety of business and financial concerns, including energy industry litigation, securities litigation, banking litigation, shareholder claims, failed business transactions, failed companies, business torts, commercial contract disputes, directors’ and officers’ liability, commercial real estate disputes, bankruptcy and restructuring litigation, regulatory issues, and internal investigations for publicly traded companies.
In 2016, Jessica was selected by the Houston Business Journal as a recipient of its annual “40 Under 40” award, and she was named as a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 for her commercial litigation experience.
Jessica is co-chair of the firm’s pro bono Asylum practice, a member of the firm’s U.S. pro bono committee, and a member of the firm’s litigation training committee. Jessica also serves in leadership roles in multiple community and non-profit organizations.
She is currently a member of: the Advisory Board of Tahirih, a national non-profit that provides pro bono legal assistance to immigrant women fleeing gender-based violence; the Houston Chapter of the NAACP’s Legal Redress Committee; the Houston Museum of Natural Science Catalysts Steering Committee; and the Houston Pro Bono Network’s Planning Committee.
Jessica received her JD from the University of Houston Law Center, Magna Cum Laude, and her BS in journalism from Texas A&M University, where she was the Editor-in-Chief of her university daily newspaper, The Battalion.
- The University of Houston Law Center, JD, magna cum laude
- Texas A&M University, BS
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Tahirih Advisory Board, Member, 2012 – present
- Tahirih Gala Committee, Member, 2012 – present
- Houston Museum of Natural Science Catalysts Steering Committee, 2017
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2014 – present
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow, 2016 – present
- University of Houston Law Center Alumni Association, 2013 – present
- Houston READ Commission 2010 Great Grown-up Spelling Bee, Chair
- Represented ATP in one of the largest offshore exploration and production company bankruptcies, involving more than $3 billion in energy assets, in In re ATP Oil & Gas Corporation, in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas, Houston Division, along with the related adversary proceedings.
- Represented oil and gas drilling tools and services company in federal court litigation arising from alleged joint venture with Middle Eastern company.
- Represented Chinese shipowners on Fifth Circuit appeal in seminal litigation limiting shipowner liability under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Pro bono representation of multiple asylum applicants from West Africa and Central America fleeing violence based upon their gender, ethnicity, religious orientation, and/or political beliefs.
- In connection with The List Project, pro bono representation in immigration proceedings of Iraqi citizens who assisted U.S. military ground forces in the Iraq War.
Rate : $$$$