A former engineer, Jessica V. Haire has experience in claims litigation involving issues such as differing site conditions, time extensions, delay damages, defective specifications, constructive changes and numerous federal government contracts issues under the Federal Acquisition Regulations and relevant statutes.
She also handles bid protests, including Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Hearing and Appeals size appeals and various construction transaction and project advice matters.
She regularly appears, litigates and represents clients in various courts and boards of contract appeals, including the Maryland State Board of Contract Appeals (MSBCA), the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA), and the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA).
Jessica also has experience with LEED design and SBA small-disadvantaged business and women-owned small business programs.
Representative Matters :
- Appeal of Costello Construction Co. of Maryland, Inc., Vendor Appeals Board (2015). Recovery of interest and attorneys’ fees on damages that were previously awarded by the VAB but were not paid by the municipality.
- Kathy Fuller, et al. v. Republican Central Committee of Carroll County, Maryland (Case No. 06-C-15-068169). Represented the Republican Central Committee and secured dismissal of the petitioner’s case and lifting of the temporary restraining order.
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Jessica was a law clerk at Smith, Currie & Hancock LLP, supporting the firm’s construction law and government contracts practices. Prior to law school, Jessica worked as a project engineer, completing storm water and sanitary sewer design, grading plans, erosion and sediment control plans and pavement design.
She spent time in the field as a resident engineer solving construction difficulties resulting from differing site conditions and overseeing test borings, concrete slump tests, compaction tests and pavement tests.
Jessica graduated from a dual degree program at American University, from which she received her J.D. in 2011 and her M.A. in International Development in May 2014. Jessica lends her knowledge at seminars and programs, specifically on small business teaming arrangements.
- American University, Washington College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- American University (M.A., 2014)
- George Washington University(B.S., cum laude, 2005)
- AGC of America Environmental Forum
- AGC International Construction Committee
- Virginia Heavy Civil Contractors Association (HCCA)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
BAR ADMISSIONS : Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia.
Rate : $$$