Jessie King focuses her practice on environmental legal issues. A former chief attorney for Environmental Quality Control Division of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC), she has substantial experience helping companies and individuals obtain environmental permits, perform due diligence and negotiate business transactions.
Jessie’s experience spans regulatory and transactional matters. She has worked with clients – including manufacturers, landfill owners, developers, landlords, tenants, banks, brokers, heirs, farmers, and government agencies – on matters such as Brownfields redevelopment, permitting, enforcement, lending, foreclosure, bankruptcy and inheritance. Her experience over the last 20 years spans matters affecting land, air and water including solid waste, hazardous waste, hazardous substance releases at Superfund sites, underground storage tanks, air permitting, toxic substance reporting, spill reporting, water permitting and wetlands.
An active professional and community volunteer, Jessie is a member of Trinity Episcopal Church in Columbia. She was a founding member and now serves on the board of the Commercial Real Estate Women – Midlands chapter. She also serves on the board of the Carolinas Air Pollution Control Association (CAPCA). She earned her J.D. from the University of South Carolina and her B.A. from Roanoke College.
- Board Member, Commercial Real Estate Women Midlands
- Board Member, Columbia Development Corporation
- Board Member, Carolinas Air Pollution Control Association
- Member, Solid Waste Association of North America
- Member, South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, Environmental Technical Committee
- Member, South Carolina Manufacturers Association
- Member, North Carolina Manufacturers Association
- Member, South Carolina Bankers Association
- Member, Richland County Bar Association
- Member, South Carolina Women’s Law Association
- University of South Carolina (J.D.)
- Roanoke College (B.A.)
Rate : $$$$