Jessica Averitt is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Houston office. Jessica routinely advises global corporations in the financial services, telecommunications, and oil and gas industries. Her practice includes advising clients on internal investigations, data privacy, data security, e-discovery, information management, information governance and discovery under the United States Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- University of Houston (B.A. summa cum laude) (1999)
- University of Texas at Austin (J.D.)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2004)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2004)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2004)
- Texas~United States (2003)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Houston Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Counseled a large domestic oil and gas company in connection with civil investigations into hydraulic fracturing by the US Congress and federal and state agencies.
- Advised a leading financial institution regarding crisis management related to a significant cyber threat.
- Advised clients on legal standards for preserving, collecting, and producing electronic data.
- Advised on and assisted in drafting document retention policies to include data concerns.
Rate : $$$