Jessica Higashiyama is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP where she practices primarily in franchise and distribution law and litigation. Since 2011, she has represented automotive manufacturers and distributors in a range of matters, including statewide, national, and multi-district class actions.
In addition to her litigation practice, Jessica counsels automotive clients on a variety of issues, including nationwide dealer network administration, the rollout of dealer sales and service agreements throughout the U.S., the introduction of policies and procedures, and compliance with state motor vehicle franchise laws.
- University of California Hastings College of Law, JD, cum laude (2010)
- University of California, Berkeley, BA, Molecular and Cellular Biology (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Represents and counsels automotive manufacturers and distributors on matters in the area of automobile franchise litigation arising from add points, relocations, terminations, warranty and incentive payments, and other aspects of the manufacturer-dealer relationship
- Represented automotive distributors in state and federal court, with an emphasis on the defense of putative class action lawsuits involving claims of false and deceptive advertising, unfair competition, violation of California’s consumer protection statutes (i.e., California’s Consumers Legal Remedies Act, California’s Unfair Competition Law and California’s False Advertising Law), and breach of express and implied warranties
Previous Professional Experience:
- Associate, franchise and distribution team, Orange County office of a national law firm
- Associate, class action defense team, Los Angeles office of a national law firm
- Judicial extern for the Honorable Vaughn R. Walker, United States District Court for the Northern District of California, Pro Se Department
Rate : $$$