Jessica Marroquin is an associate in the Firm’s Miami office. She focuses on international complex commercial litigation and arbitration. As a former public defender, Jessica has significant trial and appellate experience.
Jessica has represented individual and corporate clients before state and federal courts in the United States, as well as arbitration proceedings before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICDR), the International Court of Arbitration (ICC), the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the Comisión Interamericana de Arbitraje Comercial (CIAC).
Fluent in Spanish, Jessica has handled Spanish-language arbitrations. Her experience also includes white-collar criminal defense, investigations and compliance.
- University of Miami School of Law (JD) (2013)
- University of Miami (Bachelor of Arts International Studies and English Literature) (2008)
- District of Columbia~United States (2016)
- Florida~United States (2013)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member
- International Bar Association, Sections on International Litigation and International Arbitration – Member
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum – Member
- Miami International Arbitration Society – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a developer in two parallel arbitration proceedings claiming over USD 100 million from the Republic of Panama in a dispute regarding the financing and construction of health facilities in that country.
- Represented a Peruvian entity in a proceeding arising from license agreements for the exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons in Peru in a CIAC commercial arbitration.
- Represented an Australian company against the shareholders of an Ecuadorian company it acquired. The dispute addresses accusations of fraud and FCPA violations in an AAA arbitration proceeding.
- Represented a container terminal operating company in a proceeding arising from the construction of a port terminal in Mexico in an ICC arbitration.
Rate : $$$