Jessica Glatzer Mason is a labor and employment attorney who represents employers and executives in their labor and employment litigation pre-trial, trial and appellate matters around the United States and before administrative agencies, including the Texas Workforce Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the U.S. Department of Labor.
Jessica has particular experience in the area of unfair competition and the protection of trade secrets. She regularly represents clients in the courtroom in matters relating to non-competition agreements and theft of trade secrets, including frequently defending and prosecuting applications for emergency relief.
Jessica’s experience in this area allows her to provide advice to employers at all stages of these disputes.
Jessica has an active docket of wage and hour litigation as well as significant experience in managing complaints and litigation relating to discrimination and harassment, including claims made under Title VII and state law.
She also advises employers and handles claims relating to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and Family and Medical Leave Act, as well as employment policies, EEO compliance, hiring and termination decisions, executive agreements and separations, a wide range of personnel issues, and other workplace issues.
In addition, Jessica also has the understanding to advise clients on compliance with premises accessibility under the ADA, including website accessibility for the blind.
Furthermore, Jessica regularly teams with employers to provide guidance and training relative to preventative measures that reduce litigation and complaints and limit liability.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, (2005), magna cum laude
- Alumni Developments Editor, Houston Law Review
- Member, Order of the Coif; Member, Order of the Barons Honor Society
- Recipient, Neel & Hooper P.C. Award (displaying aptitude and skills of a promising labor and employment attorney)
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, (1999)
- English and Sociology
- Member, English Honor Society
- Member, Sociology Honor Society
- Texas (2005)
- Texas State Courts (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Anti-Defamation League, Executive Committee
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$