Jessica S. Sackin concentrates her practice on employee benefits and executive compensation matters. She regularly advises corporate, governmental and non-profit employers on the design, implementation and daily administration of qualified and non-qualified retirement and deferred compensation plans, health and welfare plans, and other employee benefit arrangements.
Jessica also advises clients on ERISA fiduciary considerations and plan governance issues, and assists with employee benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Jessica completed internships with the Department of Labor Plan Benefits Security Division and the IRS Office of Employee Plans.
While pursuing her LL.M. in Taxation, Jessica focused her studies on the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation. She earned CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Retirement Plan Qualification Requirements and Retirement Plans Design and Taxation.
While earning her law degree, Jessica served as a student attorney in the public interest law firm, the Georgetown Law Institute for Public Representation.
- Ongoing representation of services company on design, administration, and regulatory compliance of a 401(k) plan, ESOP, welfare plans, and employee benefits aspects of acquisitions.
- In-house secondment to large IT services corporation to advise on compliance of various employee benefit plans and arrangements.
- Assistance with audit of plan governance and ERISA fiduciary practices for multinational corporation.
- Representation on employee benefits matters in the context of corporate transactions, including conducting due diligence reviews, negotiating terms of the sale and purchase agreements, and advising on post-closing operation or integration of plans.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LLM, Taxation, with Certificate in Employee Benefits Law, with Distinction; Dean’s List, 2012
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD, Dean’s List, Staff Member, Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy, 2009
- University of Florida, BA, Political Science, with Certificate in International Relations, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2005
Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$