Jessica Solis is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Mexico City office and a member of the global Energy group and the Banking & Finance practice. Jessica concentrates her practice on various financing matters in Mexico, including corporate financing, project financing and restructuring transactions, representing lenders and issuers.
She is a Mexican-licensed lawyer and has advised international companies in relation to energy-related transactions, securities offerings, the regulation of upstream and midstream oil activities, and general corporate matters in Mexico.
Her experience includes representing financial institutions and borrowers in connection with a wider variety of secured and unsecured financing. In addition, her transaction work includes domestic and cross-border joint ventures, stock acquisition, mergers and similar transactions. She is fluent in English and Spanish (native).
- New York University School of Law, LLM
- New York University, Stern School of Business
- Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education
- New York
- Represented a state-owned Mexican entity in refinancing an $666 million secured facility.
- Represented a Mexican national bank in approximately $91 million value added tax loan to finance the value added tax related to the construction of an gas pipeline in Mexico.
- Represented Mexican company in the modification of its long-term debt program and the first issuance of notes under such program for approximately $60 million used to pay its previous issuance.
- Represented a Mexican private equity find specialized in food companies in the strategic acquisition of several family-owned food companies.
- Represented a Mexican company in approximately $35 million syndicated loan facility to finance additional loans granted to its customers backed by payments rights originated from such loans granted by the Mexican company to its customers to purchase real estate.
- Assisted in representing a refinancing and securing several facilities granted by an international bank to a Mexican major oil-services company.
- Assisted in representing a major Mexican cement company in the securitization of trade receivables, and its prepayment with a credit agreement for $170 million dollars.
Rate : $$$$