Jessica Smith West’s principal area of practice is health law, advising health care providers on regulatory and compliance matters, fraud and abuse, HIPAA, licensure, and certification. She also advises clients on emerging areas of health law, including Florida’s evolving medical marijuana law.
Additionally, Jessica has experience in other practice areas, including commercial litigation and professional malpractice defense. During law school, Jessica worked as a research assistant for two health law professors, co-authoring an article on the professional liability of mental health providers and editing a textbook on bioethics and the law.
- J.D., University of Virginia, 2012
- B.S., cum laude, University of Florida, 2008
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2014
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Epilepsy Services, Marketing and Development Committee
Rate : $$$