Jessie F. Beeber is an intellectual property attorney working across Venable’s Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups. Jessie is accomplished in every aspect of federal and state court litigation, mediation, and arbitration.
She has handled financial, corporate, and insurance coverage and liability cases nationwide. Over the years, Jessie has litigated many high-profile intellectual property disputes, including those involving false advertising, trademark, copyright, and right of publicity issues.
She has secured victories for leading brands, publishers, financial institutions, private equity firms, and their insurers.
- Represented J.K. Rowling and Scholastic against claims of trademark and copyright infringement stemming from the Harry Potter books
- Represented John Wiley & Sons in a series of copyright infringement lawsuits brought by photographers
- Represented the Tribeca Film Festival in a large-scale trademark infringement lawsuit against an infringer
- Represented The Gatorade Company in litigation and NAD proceedings regarding comparative advertising claims
- Represented Employers Reinsurance Company in a dispute with MP3.com regarding coverage for copyright infringement claims
- Represented the author and publisher of 60 Years Later: Coming Through the Rye against a copyright infringement claim brought by J.D. Salinger
- Representing lenders and investors in connection with repurchase demands made by mortgage-backed securities issuers, underwriters, and monoline insurers.
- J.D. Cornell Law School 1995
- B.A. Cornell University 1992
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- Southern District of New York
- Northern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Professional Memberships : Vice-chair, Advertising Disputes and Litigation Committee, Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association.
Community : Jessie is Vice-Chair of the Private Advertising Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association Antitrust Section.
Rate : $$$