Jessie M. Brown advises and represents employers in all areas of labor and employment law. She focuses her practice on litigation and counseling in areas including:
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Wage and hour compliance
- Class and collective action claims
- Employment discrimination
Jessie has experience defending home care and hospitality employers against complex class and collective action lawsuits involving overtime, misclassification, and other wage-related issues. She also assists companies in responding to wage and hour investigations by the U.S. Department of Labor. In addition to her litigation practice, Jessie regularly advises clients on a wide variety of proactive compliance measures related to employment law.
Jessie served as a judicial clerk for Hon. William M. Acker, Jr. of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, and as a judicial intern for Hon. Mary Grace Diehl of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia. In addition, she clerked for a law firm in Atlanta, was a legal writing teaching assistant, and was the Executive Symposium Editor of the Emory Law Journal.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2013
- B.A., University of Chicago, 2010
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Labor and Employment Law Section, Georgia Bar Association, 2015
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, 2012-present
- Street Law, Emory University School of Law, 2011-2013
Rate : $$$