Jessie D. Shields assists clients with various stages of legal proceedings and trial preparation by conducting legal research and drafting legal memoranda, discovery requests and responses, motions, settlements, and briefs.
Jessie joined Drinker Biddle after graduating from law school. From August 2017 through August 2018, Jessie served as a law clerk to the Honorable Christopher C. Conner for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. Following her clerkship, Jessie rejoined Drinker Biddle to work alongside her colleagues on behalf of the firm’s clients.
While in law school, Jessie served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Theodore A. McKee, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; a judicial intern for the Honorable Holly J. Ford of the Court of Common Pleas, Family Division; and a judicial intern for the Honorable Robert B. Kugler, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Jessie’s Comment, “On the Subject of Partial Verdicts: A Series of Practical Questions Answered for District Court Judges,” was published in the Temple Law Review. By summarizing existing case law and offering a practical guide of best practices, her Comment seeks to advise district court judges on the appropriateness of issuing partial verdict instructions and receiving partial verdicts.
Prior to attending law school, Jessie participated in Teach for America and taught high school history in Philadelphia, PA.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016, Order of the Coif, Research Editor, Temple Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania, Graduate School of Education, M.S., Urban Education, 2011
- Vassar College, B.A., 2009
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$