JiJi Park, co-leader of Pillsbury’s FinTech, Payments & Blockchain focus team and Unclaimed Property team, focuses on regulatory matters and corporate transactions for clients in the financial services and retail sectors.
In her regulatory practice, she advises financial institutions, money services businesses, retail corporations, payment processors, online marketplaces, and Internet escrow companies on federal and state laws, including money services licensing, payment processing, electronic funds transfers, unclaimed property, anti-money laundering, and privacy laws.
JiJi has extensive experience in issues involving digital and virtual currencies, prepaid cards, closed- and open-loop programs, e-wallets, mobile payments, and loyalty and promotional programs. JiJi’s corporate practice includes mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and distribution and licensing agreements.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Served as lead regulatory counsel to a licensed digital money transfer provider in connection with its acquisition by another licensed payments company.
- Provided regulatory and privacy counsel to a client in connection with a merger that created an online global community of more than 8 million freelancers and 2 million businesses.
- Represented a large retail corporation in connection with its creation of a gift card subsidiary and loyalty program.
- American Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1998
- A.B., Harvard University, 1994
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$