Jill R. Carvalho is an associate in King & Spalding’s Austin office. Her practice includes complex litigation, administrative law and regulatory compliance. She represents public companies, directors, and officers in securities class actions and derivative lawsuits, and at administrative agencies.
Jill also represents officers and directors in bankruptcy proceedings involving alleged breaches of fiduciary duty. She has assisted clients in a range of industries, including renewable energy, oil and gas exploration and production, and financial services.
Jill has experience handling regulatory matters and assisting clients with both compliance and enforcement issues at numerous agencies, including the Public Utility Commission of Texas, the Texas Railroad Commission, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In addition to her administrative agency experience, Jill has practiced in state and federal court.
Before her life as a lawyer, Jill was a political science professor and taught undergraduate and graduate level classes at American University. She conducted quantitative research in the areas of American political behavior, campaigns, and elections and her work has been published in books and in peer-reviewed academic journals. Originally from Boston, she is fairly confident that she cheers for the best sports franchises in the country.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
- Ph.D., Duke University
- B.A. Political Science, Smith College
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
Rate : $$$$