Jill S. Riola is a highly experienced intellectual property litigator, specializing in trademark, copyright, unfair competition, and trade secret litigation. She is also highly experienced in intellectual property transactions, ranging from U.S. and international trademark prosecution, merchandising and licensing agreements, and complex technology development and licensing agreements arising out of incubator technology licensing.
Jill has a rich in-house background, first as in-house trademark counsel for Carter-Wallace, Inc., in New York, and later as the first in-house trademark counsel for Apple Computer, developing its U.S. and international trademark and copyright portfolio and enforcement programs, and supervising its worldwide trademark and copyright litigation.
Her in-house experience has given Jill an unusual depth of understanding of how her clients’ businesses operate in the real world, enabling her to quickly grasp and anticipate her clients’ legal needs to best assist them in developing appropriate litigation or intellectual property portfolio development, ownership and monetization strategies.
An experienced intellectual property litigation mediator, Jill is a member of the International Trademark Association Panel of Neutrals and the panel of certified mediators for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Exploiting decades of experience, including a stint in-house, Jill Sarnoff Riola is gifted in all of these areas and more. She has a rolodex of international clients and excels at securing – and expanding – their positions in the market.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1979)
- University of Rochester (B.A., magna cum laude, 1976)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- DRI, Intellectual Property Litigation Committee
- Chair, Trademark Specialty Law Group (2013-present)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Executive Committee (1993-1994)
- Chair, Special Ad Hoc Committee on ADR (1992-1994)
- Internet Policy and Electronic Communications Committees (1996-1997)
- Panel of Neutrals (2005-present)
- California State Bar Association
- Executive Committee, Intellectual Property Section (1990-1991, 1999-2000)
- Jewish National Fund, Orlando Chapter
- Board of Directors
- Steering Committee, Women’s Alliance
Rate : $$$$