Jill M. Scherff has a diverse practice, which includes advising clients in a variety of estate planning matters and on corporate and taxation issues. She has been certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, an honor earned by fewer than 175 attorneys throughout the state.
Her estate planning practice includes estate and gift taxation and planning, business succession planning, asset protection planning and probate and estate administration.
Her practice encompasses issues ranging from basic wills and trusts to more complicated techniques, including generation skipping transfer tax planning, family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, installment sales, grantor retained annuity trusts, residence trusts, and charitable remainder and charitable lead trusts.
Jill also has significant experience advising trustees on legal issues with respect to trust administration and in advising HR departments regarding the validity and proper uses of powers of attorney.
Her corporate and taxation practice focuses on corporate and partnership law, corporate structuring, mergers and acquisitions, and international taxation and business structuring, including advising clients on in-bound and out-bound business and individual tax issues. Jill also works with nonprofit organizations to seek and maintain tax exempt status and on corporate governance matters.
- Northern Kentucky University, Chase College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2005)
- Thomas More College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1999)
Bar Admissions : Ohio, Kentucky
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Northern Kentucky
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens, Professional Advisors Committee
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL), Class of 2014
Rate : $$$