Jill M. Steinberg, shareholder in the Memphis office, concentrates her practice in litigation with significant experience in medical malpractice, nursing home liability, products liability, premises liability, automobile liability, toxic tort and professional liability.
Jill M. Steinberg, shareholder in the Memphis office, concentrates her practice in litigation with significant experience in medical malpractice, nursing home liability, products liability, toxic tort and professional liability.
In addition to managing significant litigation for health care providers, Ms. Steinberg’s experience also includes personal injury defense, premises liability, automobile liability and general business litigation. Additionally, Ms. Steinberg has experience in class actions defense, particularly involving medical and scientific issues.
Ms. Steinberg has tried more than 30 jury trials and has appeared before the Tennessee Court of Appeals, Tennessee Supreme Court and Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. She is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization and the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 1985, with honors
- University of Tennessee, B.S., 1982, with high honors
- Tennessee, 1985
- Georgia, 1985
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of an internal medicine physician in a case alleging permanent injury due to development of cauda equina syndrome.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a pulmonologist in a wrongful death action alleging negligence for the failure to timely order an intubation.
- Defended an OB-GYN in a medical malpractice action alleging injury to bladder during C-section (summary judgment for defendant following successful motion to strike plaintiff’s expert during trial; judgment upheld by Court of Appeals).
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a rehabilitation hospital in a case alleging the negligent transport of a patient from physical therapy, causing a broken femur.
- Defended a physician against allegations of sexual abuse, resulting in a mistrial due to the plaintiff’s counsel’s misconduct during trial.
- Achieved the dismissal of an outrageous conduct claim against a minor emergency clinic, with the decision upheld by the court of appeals.
- Jury verdicts for defendants in several automobile accident cases.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Fellow – Tennessee Bar Foundation
- Fellow – Memphis Bar Foundation
- Member – Memphis (Former Director, Board of Directors and Executive Committee), Tennessee, Georgia and American Bar Associations
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- Member – The Association for Women Attorneys
Rate : $$$$