Jill K. Tomlinson focuses her practice on domestic and international trademark and copyright matters including trademark clearance, counseling, prosecution and contested proceedings. She provides global trademark portfolio advice and counseling, including trademark prosecution and IP protection to a wide range of businesses including a FORTUNE 500 database software company; a FORTUNE 500 personal products company; a leading technology and social media company; a luxury handbag and accessories company; an online marketplace for rare and exquisite goods; and an investment bank and brokerage business known for its innovation in computer-based bond brokerage with business interests in the gaming, real estate, insurance and other fields.
Ms. Tomlinson has been recognized as a 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 New York Metro “Rising Star” in the area of Intellectual Property by Super Lawyers magazine. In 2016, Ms. Tomlinson received a prestigious Burton Award for excellence in legal writing.
- Working closely with local counsel, successfully defended global financial services client in four concurrent administrative proceedings (two CTM oppositions and two CTM cancellation actions) by a single petitioner with strategic use of demands for proof of use. Appeals to OHIM’s Board of Appeal are pending.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlement of a global trademark dispute for a music industry client involving mutual consents to registration and withdrawal of two trademark oppositions and a cancellation action.
- In an ex parte appeal to the USPTO’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, overcame a refusal to register on descriptiveness grounds in connection with the brand name of an online game and information service.
- Provide global trademark portfolio advice and counsel to Brahmin Leather Works, Inc., a luxury handbag and accessories company, including trademark prosecution and IP protection.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. (2006)
- Gettysburg College, B.A. (1995)
- New York (2006)
Rate : $$$