Jillian L. Bosmann represents investment companies and business development companies and their boards of directors. She also advises investment advisers on regulatory, compliance and corporate matters. Jillian is a partner in the nationally ranked Investment Management Practice Group.
In addition to providing ongoing representation, Jillian has assisted funds and their advisers with developing a wide variety of investment products, including mutual funds and mutual fund complexes, closed-end funds, continuously offered closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds, business development companies, funds serving as the underlying investment vehicle for variable insurance products, and private funds.
She has worked with funds and investment advisers of varying sizes and regularly deals with regulatory authorities on a range of matters, including proxy and registration statements, exemptive order applications, inspection and examination inquiries, and interpretive requests.
Jillian also advises boards of directors of registered investment companies and business development companies on fund governance and fiduciary oversight matters. She has substantial experience serving as independent counsel to independent directors, advising them on a broad range of issues and matters.
- Advising funds and their advisers regarding all aspects of the formation, operation, reorganization and liquidation of investment vehicles.
- Advising funds and their boards, including in connection with internal and external reorganizations, Securities and Exchange Commission inspections, regulatory filings and compliance matters.
- Advising investment advisers, including in connection with the supervision of sub-advisers, Securities and Exchange Commission inspections, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory filings and compliance programs.
- Advising funds and advisers in connection with obtaining exemptive relief, including fund of funds relief, multi-manager funds relief, exchange traded fund relief, co-investment relief, multi-class relief and mixed and shared funding relief for insurance products.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2006
- Carleton College, B.A., 2001
Bar Admissions : Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$