Jim Cross is Counsel in the Firm’s Corporate Department, where he focuses on mergers and acquisitions. Jim represents private equity firms and corporations in a variety of public and private acquisitions and divestitures, particularly in the energy sector related to power and infrastructure projects.
- Jim’s representative experience has included:
- EQT Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lumos Networks Corp. and its majority investment in Spirit Communications
- First Reserve in its partnership with Hoover Container Solutions, its acquisition of Navigator Energy Services and its acquisition of Dominion Energy’s 50% interest in Blue Racer Midstream
- Funds advised by The Invus Group in its equity investment in Cava Group ITT Corporation in its $11.8 billion separation into three publicly traded companies
- New Mountain Capital in its affiliate’s $1.3 billion partnership with the management of AmWINS Group
Jim received his J.D., with high distinction, from the University of Iowa College of Law in 2008 where he was a member of the Iowa Law Review. He received his B.M., summa cum laude, from the University of Akron in 2005.
- University of Iowa College of Law, 2008 J.D.
- with high distinction; Iowa Law Review
- University of Akron, 2005 B.M.
- summa cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas 2014
- New York 2009
Rate : $$$