Jin Liu represents Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), national builders, resort developers, and other developers of large commercial and residential projects in purchase and sale of both improved and unimproved property, business planning and implementation, transaction structuring, equity investment, and a variety of financing transactions.
Jin also represents CMBS lenders, loan servicers, and other financial institutions in CMBS, and other loan transactions, loan sales, workouts, and disposition of real estate. Jin has experience advising developers and financial institutions with respect to Florida condominium filings and condominium related due diligence issues.
Jin is a bi-cultural and bilingual attorney who received legal education in both the United States and China. She has represented international, in particular Chinese clients, in EB-5 investment immigration related development projects and a variety of other commercial transactions.
Jin currently chairs the Special Investors and Investment Structure Group of the American Bar Association’s Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section. She has organized and participated in multiple presentation and writing projects on cross-border real estate transactions.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2005)
- Winner, Smith-Doheny Legal Ethics Writing Competition (2005)
- Southwest University of Political Science and Law (LL.B., with distinction, 2002)
- Sichuan International Studies University (B.A., 2002)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Magistrate Judge Robert E. Larsen, United States District Court, Western District of Missouri (January-May 2004)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member, The Fellows of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys (2018)
- Harvard Law School Accelerated Leadership Program (2016)
- Leadership Council in Legal Diversity
- Historian and Executive Council Member of Fellows Alumni Association (2014-2016)
- American Bar Association
- Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section
- Chair of the Special Investors and Investment Structure Group
- The Florida Bar
- Former Committe Member, Membership Outreach Committee
- Member, Young Lawyer Division
- Former Director and Secretary, Suncoast Association of Chinese Americans
Rate : $$$