Jing Cao focuses her practice on entertainment and media finance. Jing represents companies and financiers in matters relating to motion picture and television financing, including banking transactions, joint ventures, and structured financings.
Jing represents motion picture studios, production and distribution companies, commercial banks, investment funds, and financial institutions that are based in both U.S. and Mainland China in film slate and single-picture financings, corporate finance transactions, and production and distribution of motion pictures.
Jing also helps her clients navigate issues in connection with cross-border financing and co-production transactions, as well as the production and licensing of motion pictures.
Previously, Jing was a legal consultant in O’Melveny’s Shanghai office, where she represented clients in matters across a broad spectrum of disciplines, including telecommunications, television broadcasting (featuring game content), logistics, commerce, banking, and employment matters.
- Represented Skydance Productions in connection with a US$500 million senior secured revolving credit facility arranged by J.P.Morgan Chase Bank
- Represented Warner Brothers in a joint venture with private equity firm China Media Capital (CMC) to launch a movie studio division “Flagship Entertainment Group”
- Represented Bona Film Group on its US$235M investment in six large budget motion pictures to be produced and distributed worldwide by Fox
- Represented The Weinstein Company (TWC) in connection with a US$320 million revolving credit facility, which may be increased to US$520 million, co-arranged by MUFG Union Bank and CIT Bank, and other major credit facilities of TWC
- Represented a leading commercial bank as administrative agent and sole arranger in connection with a US$150 million revolving credit facility for RatPac Entertainment
- New York
- Columbia University, LL.M. 2008
- Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade, LL.B. 2002
Rate : $$$