Jinwoo Kim utilizes his extensive industry experience to represent clients across a diverse range of patent protection and enforcement matters related to semiconductors, electrical and computer technologies, and medical devices. He focuses on several areas of patent law, including patent litigation, patent prosecution, and post-grant proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Jinwoo’s technical experience covers a wide range of industries with a particular focus in electrical engineering and computer technology, including microprocessor and memory sub-system architecture, high-performance multi-core computer design, low-power mobile processor, computer software, communication systems, network controller, analog and mixed-signal circuit design, quantum computing, semiconductor design and manufacturing, and medical devices.
Prior to law school, Jinwoo worked for more than ten years as an electrical engineer in Silicon Valley at various companies, including Intel and Qualcomm. He led a design team developing a high-performance on-chip interconnect and memory sub-system for Intel’s Xeon processor. He also worked on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon mobile processor design project. Jinwoo is a co-inventor of two U.S. patents.
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law J.D., cum laude, 2017
- University of Southern California M.S., Electrical Engineering, 2001
- Seoul National University B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1999
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$$