J’me K. Forrest is a litigation associate in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. Her practice is focused on trials and complex civil litigation. Ms. Forrest represents major corporations and executives in a variety of areas, including business disputes, environmental litigation, and internal investigations.
- Lead trial counsel for Southern California Edison, as a plaintiff, in a three-week bench trial involving a property dispute. Successfully obtained a permanent injunction prohibiting interference with utility facilities.
- Southern California Edison in complex civil litigation regarding mass tort claims filed by over six dozen plaintiffs.
- Occidental Chemical Corporation in litigation arising from the Bayou Corne sinkhole in Assumption Parish, Louisiana.
- Jay Froberg, co-founder of ROAR LLC, in a successful high-stakes trial for control of the entertainment management company.
- NBCUniversal and KNBC Los Angeles in a one-month jury trial in a case brought by an award-winning investigative producer alleging age discrimination.After four days of deliberations, the court declared a mistrial after the jury announced that it was deadlocked.
Ms. Forrest is also actively involved in the community. She serves on the board of directors of the John M. Langston Bar Association, a membership association for African-American attorneys in Los Angeles, and is co-chair of the business law section, the Corporate Firm Network.
In addition, Ms. Forrest founded the Los Angeles Mock Trial Institute, which provides training to underprivileged high school mock trial competitors. She coaches UCLA Law’s Mock Trial team. She is also an active member of the Constitutional Rights Foundation, a national non-profit organization that educates students about law and government and the importance of civic participation.
Prior to joining Munger, Tolles & Olson, Ms. Forrest served as a law clerk for Judge Otis D. Wright II of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. She received her J.D. from USC Gould School of Law, where she earned the American Jurisprudence Award in Trial Advocacy and was selected by the dean for the American Board of Trial Advocates Award for Excellence in Preparation for Trial Practice.
Before law school, Ms. Forrest served as a fellow at Berkeley Law’s Chief Justice Earl Warren Institute on Law and Social Policy. Ms. Forrest received her B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley, where she competed on the school’s nationally-ranked mock trial team and was an All-American Attorney.
- USC Gould School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- UC Berkeley (B.A., 2008) vice president, Cal Mock Trial Team
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$